13th January 2020
18:30 – 20:30
Cafeteria, Cinder Building off Cinder Lane (YO26 4XD).
Book your place
Through the My York Central public discussions emerged eight Big Ideas.
They included: ‘Homes for living, not investment’; ‘People, not more cars’ and ‘A community made through exchange’. We’re now working with York Central Partnership and City of York Council to make these ideas a reality on York Central.
In this meeting we will be working with Ian Gray, Director York Central Partnership to explore:
- the York Central development timescale
- how community-led development can engage with the master development structure being developed at led by York Central Partnership
- how much space there is for us to work with and how to develop plans in relationship to the outline planning consent
- how to move forward the more ambitious ideas to create an economic, social and physical structure that enables distribution of resources and enables genuinely affordable homes and a vibrant community
- the kind of group and/or constituted structure we need to form to carry the ideas forward
Read more about the My York Central Vision, Big Ideas and Principles.
Read the write ups of the first two York Central Co-Owned events.
The workshop will be held in The Cinder Building, which is accessible on foot just off Cinder Lane.